2023 IIBEC Annual General Meeting
IIBEC Southern Ontario Chapter held its Annual General Meeting on Friday February 10th, 2023 at the Thornhill Club in Thornhill Ontario. The meeting was attended by 45 people and chaired by President Kevin Voorberg.
The financial reports for 2022 were presented by Meagan Kikuta. The following 2022 committee reports were presented and discussed:
- Region VII – Jennifer Hogan
- Marketing – Jordan Swail (Presented by Kevin on behalf of Jordan)
- Education – Blair Gamracy
- Membership – Lora Bourck-Ferrazzo
- Social – Jay Campbell
- Maritime Branch Report – Jamie Slipp (Presented by Kevin on behalf of Jamie)
- Technical – Rick Shaw (Presented by Kevin on behalf of Rick)
- Advocacy – Shawn Irani
- Industry – John Mills
- Strategic Plan – Allen Lyte (Presented by Kevin on behalf of Allen)
Kevin thanked the 2022 Board of Directors for volunteering their time and support, and thanked chapter staff members Christine Kebezes and Betty Quan for their hard work in 2022.
The Southern Ontario Chapter elected the following members to serve on the 2023 Board of Directors:
- Adam Gotfraind
- Jake Skinner
- Meagan Kikuta
- Kevin Voorberg
- Blair Gamracy
- Jordan Swail
- Gary Hamilton
- Jay Campbell
- Lora Bourck
- Shawn Irani
- John Mills
- Richard Shaw
- Jamie Slipp
- Paul Johannesson
- Stephanie Robinson as Region IIV Director
A call was made for any volunteers to join the committees. Please reach out to any of the board members, Christine or Betty if you wish to join an IIBEC SOC Committee.
Vice President Adam Gotfraind announced that the IIBEC Southern Ontario Chapter achieved the Platinum Chapter Status in 2022.
The following SOC Chapter awards were presented:
- The President Recognition Award was presented to Kevin Voorberg
- The Outgoing Director Award was presented to Allen Lyte
- The Outstanding Committee Chair Award was presented to Blair Gamracy
- The Outstanding Sponsor Awards was presented to Atlas-Apex Roofing
- The Lifetime Achievement Award was presented to Marc Allaire
- New Corporate Sponsor Plaque was presented to Peter Difazio from Nortex Roofing
Following the AGM, Scott Carpenter from Nudura presented on an Overview of Insulated Concrete Forms and included an introduction to ICF’s, their benefits, construction process, application options, and code and sustainability requirements.
The meeting wrapped up with Lunch and then a Curling Social which was attended by 18 members.
|February 23, 2023||Diversity and Inclusion Building Science Forum||Ontario Science Centre|
|March 23, 24, 30 & 31||IIBEC Course: Waterproofing||Online|
|April 4, 2023||RoofTECH 2023 Social||International Centre|
|April 18, 2023||Lightweight Insulated Concrete||The Vue EventSpace|
|June 28, 2023||Golf Tournament||Royal Ontario Golf Club|