2nd Annual Diversity and Inclusion Building Sciences Forum
IIBEC Southern Ontario Chapter held its 2nd Annual Diversity and Inclusion Building Sciences Forum on February 23rd, 2023 at the Ontario Science Centre.
Over 80 attendees braved the storm to attend the half-day forum which aimed to bring awareness and provide resources to empower all members of society to join the building and construction sector. The forum special guests included the Hon. Doug Ford, Premier of Ontario, as well as the Hon. Monte McNaughton, Minister of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development.
The forum consisted of a panel of industry experts including:
- Mila Aleksic, Professor from George Brown College
- Sarah Gray, Senior Building Science Specialist from RDH Building Science
- Lori O’Malley, Building Envelope Specialist from PCL Construction, and
- Mary Smith, Senior Executive Vice-President of Lexsuco.
The panel was moderated by Jennifer Hogan, Project Principal from Pretium Engineering and our Keynote Speaker was Marzieh Riahinezhad, Research Officer from the National Research Council of Canada.
Two student bursaries were presented to Polina Loukianenkov and Dagmawit Habtom.
Special Thanks to our Event Sponsors and to TCA for all their assistance with organizing the event.
- Artistic Skylight Domes
- Capo Sgro LLP
- Dean Chandler Roofing Limited
- Great Northern Insulation
- IKO Commercial
- Indusite Realty Corporation
- ITW Construction Products
- Lexsuco Corporation
- Nextgen Professional
- Northern Facades
- Tremco Roofing
- WE Build A Dream
- Wilson Chartered Professional Accountants
|March 23, 24, 30 & 31||IIBEC Course: Waterproofing||Online|
|April 4, 2023||IIBEC 40th Anniversary Celebration at ROOFTech 2023||International Centre|
|April 18, 2023||Creating Reusable Insulation Systems for Roofing & Waterproofing Applications||The Vue Event Space|
|June 28, 2023||Golf Tournament||Royal Ontario Golf Club|