Rain and thunder rolled through the Greater Toronto Area with temperatures around 10 degrees Celsius. It was clear Spring was in the air. On the 4th and 5th of April, the roofing industry crawled out of their office winter hibernations, and stumbled into the International Centre (near Toronto’s Lester B. Pearson International Airport) for ROOFTech Canada 2023.
ROOFTech Canada’s trade show was full with the newest products and educational seminars catered to architects, building inspectors, contractors, building science consultants and engineers, material and equipment suppliers, manufactures, and more.
The trade floor was full with over 150 exhibitors and technical demonstrations, Including IIBEC SOC. A complete list can be found on the ROOFTech website:
Visitors were also provided with informative and helpful educational seminars which included:
- Thermal Impact Factors in the Design of Commercial Roofs
- Roof Maintenance, Repair and Replacement
- Product Demonstrations with:
- Deck Overlay Roof Boards
- Thermoplastic Roofing Systems
- Lightweight Concrete Insulated Roof Systems
- EPDM Roofing Systems
- Modified Bitumen Roofing Systems
- Steep Slope Roofing Systems
- High Performance Roofing Sealant
- High Performance Flameless Solutions
- Green Roofing
- Hydrotech Sustainable Roof Systems
- Roofing Tools
- Built-Up Roofing Systems
- Low Slope Roof Repair Products and Systems
- A networking reception and lounge bar
- CRM Consulting
- Climate Change Impact – How Should we Construct Roofing for the Future?
- Payment Legislation in Ontario
- Sustainable Innovation in Commercial and Industrial Roofing
- Mitigating Facility Contamination Risks and Fire Safety Risks During a Commercial Roof Repair or Replacement
For IIBEC members, remember to claim you IIBEC Continuous Education Hours (CEH) so that you’re not rushing to submit them in the fall.
We’d like to thank everyone who attended the ROOFTech 2023 and those who helped carry out the event! And a special thank you to Brian Pallasch, IIBEC’s Executive Vice President and CEO, and Arissa Cooper for making the trip to join us!
|April 18, 2023||Lightweight Insulated Concrete||The Vue Event Space|
|June 28, 2023||IIBEC SOC Golf Tournament||Royal Ontario Golf Club|