IIBEC Southern Ontario Chapter’s “Roof Technology & Science II” Course was held on Thursday September 19th and Friday September 20th at The Toronto Construction Association Head Office in Richmond Hill. The Course was a great success with 4 presenters and 19 attendees.
The course builds upon the fundamentals presented in Roof Technology & Science I Course that was previously offered in February of 2019. Topics covered in the Roof Technology & Sciences II included wind, fire properties, liquid membranes, roof flashing design problems, roof surveys, moisture surveys, maintenance & repair, roof asset management, expanded use roof systems, steep roofing, clay and concrete tile, and metal roofing. IIBEC SOC would like to thank our presenters:
- Gary Osmond from Rockwool
- Darrel Henderson, RRO
- Adam Gotfraind, IKO Industries
- Meagan Kikuta, Tremco Roofing
In addition to the course, IIBEC SOC offered a review of the RRO exam content on Thursday afternoon to go over any questions the attendees would have for their upcoming exam. A special thanks to Shawn Irani from TSS Building Science and John Mills from Sika for assisting with the review.
On site facilitation was provided by Lora Ferrazzo-Bourck from Artistic Skylight Domes and Paul Yurcich from Sika.
- Our next “Workshop” will be at the TCA Toronto Offices will be held on November 15, 2019. The Topic is Rooftop Quality Assurance.
- Ottawa will be hosting an additional workshop:
- October 3rd – 4th, 2019 – Roof Technology and Science I
- The Annual Christmas Lunch will be held on December 12th, 2019. Stay tuned for more details!