The IIBEC Southern Ontario Chapter held its second virtual Annual General Meeting on February 11, 2022 with a total of 55 members attending.
The event began with an opening message from the current Chapter PreAllen Lyte and an introduction of the current 2021 Board of Directors. Allen thanked the current Board for their work throughout the year and Meagan Kikuta reviewed the 2021 Financial Statements and the proposed 2022 Budget. Following the financial statement, each of the Committee Directors provided an update on the progress of their respective committees.
The election process for the new 2022 Board of Directors was held online prior to the AGM. The new board is:
|Kevin Voorberg||Tektum Consulting Group||President|
|Adam Gotfraind||IKO industries||Vice President|
|Jake Skinner||Tri-Tech Pinnacle Group Inc.||Secretary|
|Meagan Kikuta||Tremco Roofing||Treasurer|
|Allen Lyte||W. Allen Partners Inc.||Past President|
|Jay Campbell||Dean-Chandler Roofing Limited||Social Director|
|Blair Gamracy||Synergy Partners||Education Director|
|Jack Albert||RJC Engineers||Marketing Director|
|Lora Bourck||Artistic Skylight Domes||Membership Director|
|Shawn Irani||TSS Building Science||Advocacy Director|
|John Mills||SIKA Canada||Industry Outreach Director|
|Richard Shaw||Pretium Engineering||Technical Director|
|Jamie Slipp||Master Roofers Guarantee of New Brunswick||Maritime Branch Director|
|Gary Hamilton||Master Roofers Guarantee of New Brunswick||Director at Large|
|Jennifer Hogan||Pretium Engineering||Region VII Director|
Awards and Recognition:
It was announced that the Ontario Chapter had once again been granted Gold Level for the IIBEC Chapter Awards which will be presented at this year’s National Convention. The Southern Ontario Chapter then presented awards to:
- The “Past Recognition Award” was presented to Allen Lyte
- The “Lifetime Achievement Award” was presented to Doug Fishburn.
- The “Outstanding Committee Chair Award” was presented to Lora Bourck.
- The “Outstanding Sponsor Award” was presented to our Corporate Sponsors:
- Acores Roofing
- Dean-Chandler Roofing Limited
- Nortex Roofing Ltd.
- Solar Roofing and Sheet Metal Ltd.
- Tremco Roofing and Building Maintenance
Current State of the Construction Industry Presentation:
Following the AGM there was a Presentation on the “Current State of the Construction Industry” by Jeremy Power at Cotney Law.
The presentation addressed considerations of material shortages and how to address them in both existing and new contracts. How to manage Force Majeure, price changes, delays, material availability, and substitutions was discussed. Please use the following link to view the presentation.
- The SOC Education Committee is holding several education programs:
- March 2022 – the topic is RRO Preparation
- April 13, 2022 – the topic is Architectural Sheet Metal Flashing
- September 2022 – the topic is Roof Warranties
- October 2022 – Stucco & Exterior Finish Cladding Systems
- December 8, 2022 – Christmas Lunch